Sunday, June 27, 2010

Corin: 14 months - Abby: 14 days

I WROTE THIS A FEW DAYS AGO AND PLANNED ON GETTING SOME PICS IN THERE BEFORE I POSTED IT. BUT WE HAVE HAD A ROUGH FEW DAYS, SO PICS WILL HAVE TO WAIT.

Corin hit the big 14 month mark the other day. He is certainly looking less and less like a baby and more and more like a little boy. He and I have been having a lot of fun together while I'm off work. Since Kristi is nursing she is doing almost all of Abby's care and I'm doing almost all of Corin's.
Last week Corin started swim lessons at the city pool. He is taking them with his buddy John (who is just a couple months younger than Corin). The lessons are pretty much useless for kids their age as far as actually learning anything, but they have fun playing in the pool together. The older kids will kick when you tell them to or blow bubbles in the water. If you put Corin's face in the water he just starts drinking it. But at least he isn't scared of the pool, which is nice.
Corin did have his first "Time Out" the other day. On our living room end table we have several items plugged in as well as the phone line running to the table. We have it blocked off with chairs but he has figured out that he can crawl under the chairs and get to all the wires. Once there he yanks on them and pulls everything off of the table down on top of himself. I told him 'No' and took him out of there, but then he just ran right back and crawled under again. After I took him out four times I put him in his crib and closed the door to his room. He cried while he was in there but was fine after I took him out. The next day I walked around the couch and he was just starting to crawl back under the chairs towards the wires. I said "Corin...NO." He turned his head and saw me, then started shaking his head 'No' and crawled backwards out from under the chairs. It was very sweet and very funny.
He's been having a rough couple of days with some SERIOUS teething pains, but this too shall pass.
Abby is doing great. She hit 14 days old on Saturday. Based on her diapers, she is getting all the food she needs from Kristi. We go into the doctor on Monday for a weigh-in, so we'll confirm that everything is on track then. Her only real problem is that she sleeps quietly through the day and then for some reason wants to make noise and be held during the night. This doesn't work out very well for Kristi, who would rather be sleeping than dealing with a fussy, gassy baby. I'm sleeping in the other room, so at least one of us gets a solid night of sleep so we can keep up with Corin during the day. I help with Abby at night when called upon, but Kristi is a rock star mommy and doing a great job.

No comments:

Post a Comment